Author: Simulacrum  <nub>    107.201.120.172 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 10/17/2014 7:14:03 AM
Subject: RE: Follow-up on fruit cocktail

I know you're joking because I know you know that SunnyD has about 15% fruit juice. People are better off with something like V8 V-Fusion, though good luck if you're relying on V8 as a replacement for actual vegetable or fruit servings. Things like lettuce, watercress, and sweet potatoes (oh yes, and something like 89% "tomato juice" made of who knows what) I do not consider proper dietary staples.

As an experiment, you could start two whaling voyages and send one crew off with V8 and SunnyD, while the other carries canned, dried, frozen vegetables and fruit (which would be replaced during maybe one port call -- because you know proper whaling voyages last for years). I'm pretty sure the first crew would end up throwing all that pureed lettuce and sugar water to the whales. After inspecting this donation, the whales would almost certainly eat the whaling boat, realizing that it's more nutritious. The crew wouldn't care, preferring whale attacks to scurvy and rickets.

Naturally, these wouldn't be real whaling voyages. They would be more like sight-seeing things, you know, like camera safaris and the like. And we know that blue whales wouldn't eat people or boats. Sperm whales will attack the shit out of your boat and bite your legs off. They would be put even more out of temper by V8 and SunnyD.