Author: NecroFile  <...>    75.82.63.187 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 5/3/2017 9:51:06 PM
Subject: skyrim modding

yes, definitely the best elder scrolls game, by far

i had to extend another difficulty, i went from a modded level of adept difficulty to the regular unmodded expert level

im working out the final touches.
1h melee weaponry is too OP for me at my current level. about 40% too strong, but i plan on changing the actual skills and items related to what makes melee too strong, rather than just change another damage modifier

mods already exist which change the frequency of high level ingots appearing in merchants. so i can start from there. i want stronger ingots to appear at higher levels, and appear infrequently, at low numbers, i dont what them impossible to obtain, just difficult, and at higher levels.. currently ebony appears somewhere around level 30. (I want it at 80)
basically i want to rebalance the damage with proper character level

but i plan on taking things much further. oh yes, i also have been reworking skills leveling. with the goal of obtaining level 300 in offensive/defensive and crafting skills, and a player character level of somewhere between 170-250.
i can set how skill exp multiplies as you level up. currently hitting level 100 in any offensive/defensive skill grants 1.5x exp gain, then 1.6x at level 125, 1.7x at 150 and so on, up to 2.0x

this is to keep up with the declining gradient of exp loss as the skill gets higher, and tougher to level. this makes it so you can keep leveling up to 300 without it taking forever.
i can also set player character exp gained from skills leveling, but i have not gone that far in the game to test out leveling at higher levels. im playing skyrim naturally, and having fun.
many things need to be done, overall the game is turning out great.