Author: Simulacrum  <nub>    107.201.120.172 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 12/17/2018 7:48:02 AM
Subject: I was thinking about upgrading

Mainly, just for form's sake. My i7 4790k and 970GTX are just fine right now for what I play. I know that won't last. I know I'm going to have to abandon 1080 resolution someday. The problem is, what would I upgrade for?

Mount & Blade Bannerlord is MIA. Cyberpunk 2077 may be a cook kind no-brainer, but I'll need to be sold on it. The same goes for Outer Worlds.

Presently, the headliners are simply awful.

Fallout 76
Battlefield V
Red Dead Online
(Things like Fortnite, Overwatch, WoW, etc. will receive no mention.)

I won't even bring up the other console port titles constituting a massive tub of wretch from the likes of Crytek, Bioware, etc.

I can't seem to find anything that isn't a stew of festering, diseased, flyblown dreck intended to monetize everything in sight for the sake of greed-crazed shareholders. Who wants to buy any of this crap?

More to my original point, who wants to buy expensive machinery to run any of it? What is my ROI? To have my pocket picked, my data sold, my data leaked, my metaphorical shorts pulled down around my metaphorical ankles?

What is wrong with these people? Why can't they just make something nice, sell it, and go on?

I have my pet theory, which involves the stock market and is actually better substantiated than a theory (it's really common knowledge), but I won't develop it here. It should be revisited constantly until something is done about it, but this is not the place.

*Don Corleone broken voice*

Look how they massacred my hobby.