Author: madcows  <sdfa>    68.61.35.100 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 4/9/2009 12:05:43 PM
Subject: RE: Madcows (and other motor heads)

44mpg sounds about right. It's not spectacular for anything other than a car that burns unleaded. You're wrong about one thing, though... IT WILL SAEVS EVEYTHANG!!1

I personally think the tesla is total crap. Everyone keeps raving on about it, like it's some new futuristic thing. But what about all the electric cars back in the 20s? Sure, they have better range now, but people generally have to drive further now a days anyways. It's also interesting to see how much money they're spending already working on new products, when they can't even get the roadster out the door. They suck.

I know what you meant about the lack of power in the jetta. I'm just saying that diesels don't have to be slow.

One way or another, the engine is going to warm up eventually. And when it does end up shutting down, it can maintain temperature for long enough before it needs to start up again anyways. And once you're cruising on the highway, it's a non-issue.