Author: Simulacrum  <nub>    99.67.112.42 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 11/12/2021 10:01:22 AM
Subject: RE: I don't think I can do it.

Last I looked, the best thing to do if you wanted to pay MSRP was haunt a Micro Center or Best Buy, but you had to do it every single day and be the first customer in the door. I'm not sure that works anymore. Otherwise, you could get in a queue at EVGA and wait almost a year to get a card. They notify you by email that you have 20 hours to buy one.

People are now resorting to buying prebuilt computers just to yank out the cards and continue with long-delayed builds. Meanwhile, I guarantee you that Nvidia and AMD are shipping trainloads directly to miners right off the assembly line. They probably just bubble wrap them and put them on pallets. Not that the miners are getting all they want. They're in line with car manufacturers and everybody else affected by chip shortages. Even if that got caught up, U.S. customers would have to wait because of ships nobody wants to unload.

I blame Dolph Lundgren.