Author: Simulacrum  <nub>    205.209.243.42 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 1/1/2023 7:08:14 PM
Subject: RE: Borderlands 3....

The biggest problem with BL3 for me was not the villain twins or their influencer/streamer shtick. In fact, I thought Tyreen was about as funny as Handsome Jack. The problem was Lilith and her girl club of siren "badasses." Their dialogue was beyond cringe-inducing. Also, it's odd that the story is about how powerful sirens are when the only competent one is Tyreen. Plus, the siren class is the worst in the game. On another note, the bosses are generally terrible, but that's normal in the Borderlands series. One or two, like Katagawa Ball, were relatively funny.

Other than all that, I loved BL3. Much of the loot was actually decent, which was a nice change from all the coals BL2 kept putting in your stocking. I rather liked the settings and gunfights. Eventually, the skills become pretty fun, and the guns get pretty impressive by endgame. The ones in the DLCs are insane.

Borderlands seems to appeal to an audience that just wants brainless violence and suicidal enemies. It's tailor-made for me.