Author: Jaime Wolf  <q2b6>    189.220.134.234 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 12/15/2009 8:34:27 PM
Subject: RE: anyone who gives dragon age a 9/10...

No hard drive!? So you... *gulp* SWAPPED DISCS!?

Did you have an A500? I was lucky enough to have a 2000 with a SCSI controller so adding a hard drive was easy so I could install games and have them crash ten times faster, I also had a CPU accelerator running on it which I had to install a switch for as trying to run older games with it enabled was a surefire way to get a guru. I also had a bridgeboard, I don't remember the exact model but it emulated a 286, it could run Prince of Persia just fine but not Stellar 7.

And the pride and joy of my 2000: A Video Toaster. This damn thing cost almost as much as the Amiga itself. My brother used the hardware portion extensively in his work at a local TV station while I became interested in the Lightwave 3D application it came with, 3d renders of Amiga boing balls all around the world went up by 500% that year, BBSes were flooded with images of "X-Wing vs Enterprise" and such other geeky nonsense.