Author: Dell  <.>    24.151.99.8 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 9/8/2023 1:09:20 PM
Subject: RE: Starfield

Yeah Sim, I agree with you on D4. Had a lot of fun with the campaign because of the world design and the better-than-average plot,* but I just had no energy to keep going into the seasons. Also, Baldur's Gate 3 came out, which is the most old-Bioware game since Mass Effect 2, and I forgot how much I really liked the over-the-top-but-still-somehow-nuanced quality of writing that Larian does/old Bioware did.

I'm two hours into Starfield and it feels absolutely bland for what, based on the premise, should be absolutely grand. Outer Worlds at least had the excuse of being a B-team Obsidian game. This is Bethesda's flagship and it's boring. Mods and patches will make it something enjoyable, I'm sure, but out of the box it's oat bran.

*this is faint praise, as the plot is just chasing Lilith, but the voice acting and the sub-plots with the NPCs really did some heavy lifting