Author: Simulacrum  <nub>    205.209.243.42 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 3/17/2024 9:40:12 AM
Subject: PSA: Randolph Scott Day

If you have the GRIT channel -- and you're a communist if you don't -- there's a Randolph Scott marathon on RIGHT NOW. I just saw Belle Starr, co-starring Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews. At this very moment, they're showing Buchannan Rides Alone. But none of this would matter if it weren't for the inclusion of two of the greatest Randolph Scott westerns to be shown later this evening -- Ride Lonesome and the very best Scott movie . . .

Seven Men from Now

Speak this title with reverence because it has one of the coolest gunfight scenes ever filmed. Randolph faces Lee Marvin, and . . . well, I can't find the words to describe how perfectly this fight ends.

Unfortunately, the marathon doesn't include The Tall T, with Richard Boone as one of the edgiest villains in western filmdom. The Tall T also includes the best ending dialogue ever written for a horse opera. I won't spoil the lines, but I am firmly persuaded that the Coen brothers adapted the lines for the ending of Fargo.

Don't be a communist. Watch Randolph Scott today.