Author: Simulacrum  <nub>    205.209.243.42 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 3/24/2024 9:32:50 AM
Subject: RE: PSA 2: Horizon Forbidden West on PC

It's very good so far but different from HZD in too many ways to go into. One big difference is having to target and tear off specific machine parts for gear upgrades. Aloy is incredibly weak when the game starts, so I'm having to make decisions about when to stealth-kill targets vs. all-out fights where I run a lot of risks just to farm an item. It's not bad, just different.

The game world is absolutely beautiful. Voice acting is top-drawer, and the motion-capture cutscenes are some of the best I've ever seen. The port is very professionally done -- lots of thoughtful options and smooth performance. Predictably, forums are overrun with complaints with idiots who are either using their moms' HP Pavilions or badly tuned high-end builds. The only complaint I have is that the game is really bright for some reason, but I'm pretty sure that has something to do with my crappy monitor.