Author: Dell  <@.@>    24.151.99.8 Use this link if you want to link to this message and its entire thread of discussion. Post a Msg
Date: 3/27/2024 1:45:36 PM
Subject: RE: PSA 2: Horizon Forbidden West on PC

HFW trip report 1:

- Opening credits two hours in tells me it's gonna be a long game.

- I played HZD on a controller with really bad stick drift so I rarely used the bow and went through the game almost entirely in the Prowler tree. That made the final fight supremely unfun. I hope HFW bosses allow more for that playstyle, though the big snake tutorial boss tells me it isn't that likely.

- Not a fan of ruins puzzles, but that's not the fault of the game.

- I understand why they made Aloy more self-serious in this one, but her constant apologies for being aloof and leaving the party are already pretty tiresome. I expect the character to evolve as the game goes on though. (Her change across HZD was very subtle and well written.)

- I am very likely going to bee-line the main quest because I don't have the time to sink hundreds of hours on sidequests/POIs, though I hear the sidequests are actually worthwhile this time around. Sim, if there are any sidequests you think are especially worth doing, let me know.

- Also, HZD is probably the prettiest game I've ever played. The environments are out of bounds, how detailed they are.